Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
"Midwest Steel, Inc. is recognized as a World Class Partner."
Computerized AS/RS are designed for automated storage and retrieval of parts and/or items in manufacturing, distribution, retail and wholesale. In the last two years, Midwest Steel, Inc. has been the “contractor of choice” for nine design build AS/RS projects with Fastenal.
Midwest Steel’s specialty of high tolerance AS/RS racking is accomplished through a highly collaborative process. An innovative core team of engineering, project management, detailing and installation professionals develop thoroughly integrated design, fabrication and erection of AS/RS structures. Designs that balance volatile material prices, fabrication and transportation costs with installation schemes matched to the site conditions.
Through a proven Design Build process, the Midwest Steel team provides:
- Concepting and System Layout with Corporate Partner Logistics Teams.
- Coordination and Integration with the Design Build General Contractor that includes detailed pre-project planning, and timely updates on budgets and schedules.
- Cranes, Conveyors and Sprinklers.
- Structural slab analysis, foundation design and existing building structural analysis.
- Rack design, fabrication and site specific and detailed installation and safety plans.
- Conveyor platform design, fabrication and installation.
Midwest Steel has completed over 150 AS/RS projects throughout the United States and Canada. Nine have been completed outside of North America. Some of the largest projects were completed for J. C. Penney, Canadian Tire, Nestle, and Gordon Foods.