Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
"Midwest Steel, Inc. is recognized as a World Class Partner."
Computerized AS/RS are designed for automated storage and retrieval of parts and/or items in manufacturing, distribution, retail and wholesale. In the last two years, Midwest Steel, Inc. has been the “contractor of choice” for nine design build AS/RS projects with Fastenal.
Midwest Steel’s specialty of high tolerance AS/RS racking is accomplished through a highly collaborative process. An innovative core team of engineering, project management, detailing and installation professionals develop thoroughly integrated design, fabrication and erection of AS/RS structures. Midwest Steel provides custom designs which balance volatile material prices, fabrication and transportation costs with installation schemes matched to the site conditions.
Through a proven Design Build process, the Midwest Steel team provides:
- Concepting and System Layout with Corporate Partner Logistics Teams.
- Coordination with the Design Build General Contractor that includes detailed pre-project planning and timely updates on budgets and schedules.
- Custom plan integration with cranes, conveyors and sprinkler systems from project onset.
- Structural slab analysis, foundation design and existing building structural analysis.
- Site-specific and detailed rack design, fabrication and installation, including safety plans.
- Custom conveyor or AHU platform design, fabrication and installation.
Midwest Steel has completed many AS/RS projects throughout the United States and Canada. Some of the customers served by Midwest include Fastenal, Nestle, H.E.B. Grocery, Peterbilt and First Quality. Many of those companies have come back to Midwest as satisfied repeat customers.